Saturday, February 23, 2008

Global Colding in Vouliagmeni, Greece


February 18, 2008

If you think Greece is only sunny skies and lying in the beaches, think again! If you come to Greece in the winter, be prepared for sudden and unexpected snow storms! Even here, next to the sea, in Vouliagmeni where the temperatures are most always 2 degrees warmer than anywhere else in Athens, it has snowed at least once every year for the past 4 years. What's happening to our climate? Global warming??? It's more like 'Global Colding!'

The is the very first video I have ever made! Not bad coming from my simple little Canon Sureshot 7.1 megapixel digital camera! As I was slowly driving down the road in Vouliameni, I rolled my car window down and held the camera through the window to capture this 'Day to Remember.'

The music in the background, an appropriate accompaniment for this cold winter's day, by Billy Joel, just happened by chance to be playing on my car CD player. Not until I returned home and downloaded the video to my computer, did I realize just how 'cool,' the music made the entire video! Not bad for a beginner!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: